Welcome to the hottest, but most fun, month of the year! We’re very excited for all of our July events and hope everyone can attend them. We’ll celebrate our independence, Christmas in July, and end the month with donations to help those around us.
There’ll be plenty of events in between to build community with your home away from home. For those of you moving out August 4, we’re sad to see you go, but please enjoy one more month of events with us. This month is sure to be full of community, food, and, of course, fun! We can’t wait to see you all there!
- Reminder: Your A/C should never be set to “off” or “on”. It should just be set on “auto”.
- Don’t have your windows open while your A/C is running.
- Place trash outside your door from 6–9 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Pest control comes every Thursday, so place your work order accordingly.
- At the beginning of July, please submit any maintenance requests you want resolved before move-out.
- Any discoloration in the ceiling should be reported immediately (this is a sign of a possible leak).
- Clean your carpets before moving out and provide a receipt to the office upon turning in your keys.
- Dust and clean all of the apartment.
- A good rule of thumb is to leave the apartment cleaner than you received it.
- We’ll have a donation bin in the office for unwanted items.
- Return your personal cable box to Comcast, but leave the living room cable box.
- Don’t leave any personal items in the apartment.
- Contact the office for a move-out guide if needed.
Have a Successful Summer with CA!
With summer in full swing, you might be finding yourself with some extra time on your hands. Summer can be an amazing time to have fun, enjoy trips and activities, attend baseball games, go to a farmers market, and much more. But summer can also be perfect for gearing up professionally! Check out some of the following tips on how you can give yourself the “Campus Advantage” above your peers this summer:
- Visit your campus’s career center. Since it’s summer, they are often less busy and can give you individual support for updating your resume or prepping you for an upcoming interview.
- Log in to your resident portal and take advantage of the numerous resources in the Campus Advantage Career Success Portal!
- Even if you don’t absolutely need a job this summer, consider finding a low-key part-time position that could provide you with some extra resume experience. Consider positions with transferable skills that would benefit your major.
- Find a new volunteer opportunity or organization to join that fits a hobby of yours or helps others. Giving back looks great on your resume, makes a difference, and makes you feel good at the same time!
- Hard to believe that shopping can help your professional game, but stores often have sales on business wear during the summer. Check out the racks to see if you can find a few classic interview-appropriate pieces for the fall.
- Stop by the management office and let them know what kind of events they could host this summer/fall to help make you successful!
Share how you’re going to boost your success this summer with other Campus Advantage residents by posting on social media with the hashtag #CASummerSuccess.
Community Events Calendar
Stars and Stripes Shindig — July 7 from noon–3 p.m. — Join us in celebrating our independence with a grill-out. We know this is belated, but can you really celebrate independence too much? Join us for a corn hole tournament and a hot dog eating competition.
Chill Out — July 11 from 3:30–5:30 p.m. — Join us in the office for Tie-Dye Tuesday! We’ll have free popsicles and plenty of shirts to dye.
Brunch by the Pool — July 14 from 10 a.m.–noon — Bring your parents or best friend for Brunch by the Pool. We’ll have waffles, French toast, orange juice, and plenty of fruit. Why make your own breakfast when we can make it for you?
Karaoke Night — July 19 from 7–8:30 p.m. — Sing your heart out as we host our first-ever karaoke night! We’ll have a variety of karaoke songs to choose from and plenty of snacks to enjoy.
Christmas in July — July 21 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. — Who doesn’t love Christmas twice a year? Celebrate Christmas in July with us. We’ll have cookie decorating, gifts under the tree, and a raffle! We hope to see you all there!
National Hot Dog Day — July 23 from 1–3 p.m. — Celebrate National Hot Dog Day with us and eat with your Community Assistants. We’ll have hot dogs, chips, refreshments, and, of course, our pool will be open!
Donation Drive — July 24–28 — Moving out can be difficult when you have so many things you need to get rid of. Bring these items by the clubhouse for a chance to win a pizza. The top five residents will get a pizza!
National Lasagna Day — July 29 from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. — Come to the office with an empty belly. Our CAs will be making lasagna just for you and your friends. We sure do love national holidays that celebrate food!