We’ve made it into the second month of the year, and you know what that means? It’s the month of love! We’re showing you some res-life love with a number of fantastic events hosted by your favorite Community Assistants. Stay tuned and make sure to come out for your chance to win some great prizes!
— Torchlight Townhomes
Focus on Career Success
Whether you are a sophomore looking at internships or a senior getting ready for that first job after graduation, the spring semester brings added pressure as you seek to set yourself apart and set yourself up for success.
Here are five tips to keep you moving forward on a career success track:
Tip #1: The key to getting hired is selling yourself better than the other candidates. What’s your pitch? Practice concise ways to share your value and what you are looking for.
Tip #2: Your resume’s only job is to get your foot in the door! Have it critiqued at the career center.
Tip #3: Google yourself: What does your online presence tell future employers? Are you focusing on your online brand? Your potential employer is! Work on shaping your presence online and off.
Tip #4: Come up with EVERY reason an employer might not hire you — and an answer for each objection. For example, “What I lack in relevant experience, I make up for with my drive and proven ability to learn new things quickly.”
Tip #5: Learn from the best! Find people doing what you want to do and doing it well — and ask them for guidance. It’ll be well worth your time and perhaps a few cups of coffee to do informational interviews with others on their success stories.
These tips are obviously just the tip of the iceberg. Watch out for career success experiences here at your community. Whether you want feedback on your pitch or need someone to critique your resume, let us know how we can help you and connect you with resources to assist in your success!
Speaking of career success, did you know that as a resident of a Campus Advantage property you have FREE access to our exclusive Career Success Portal? Browse millions of jobs, including over 500,000 unique job postings, build your resume, practice your interviewing skills, and much more. To access the Career Success Portal, visit your resident portal and look for the sign-up link!
- As we tread through colder months, please note that when turning on your heater, it’s natural for the system to produce a slight odor and possibly set off your smoke detector due to its lack of use in previous months. If this occurs, please open your windows and allow the unit to air out for at least 15 minutes.
- Your A/C can never be set to “off” or “on”. It should just be set on “auto”.
- Don’t forget to empty the lint trap in your dryer.
- Please clean up after your dogs!
Reminders & Updates
- Our office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday from 1–5 p.m.
- If our new network provider, Airwave Networks, placed a modem in your unit, DO NOT tamper with it. Doing so affects the connectivity of other residents throughout the property. If you’re experiencing cable or internet service trouble, please feel free to contact Airwave Networks at (877) 778-9283 to troubleshoot the issue.
- If you have an after-hours emergency or noise complaint, please call our on-call service at (850) 933-4564.
- If you have an emergency maintenance issue, please call our on-call maintenance service at (850) 933-6406.
- Don’t forget that rent is due by the 3rd! Late fees begin accruing on the 4th.
- For residence life issues, please contact our Resident Director, Lyndsi, at email@example.com.
- Pet Owners:
- All pets must be on a leash when out and about.
- No pets are allowed at the pool.
- Please pick up after your pooch! We have pet stations with doggie bags scattered throughout the property for you. Please utilize this.
National Crepe Day Celebration — February 2 from noon–2:30 p.m. — Celebrate the day by coming down to the front office to build your own crepe with a number of sweet and fruity fillings.
Valentine’s Day Cards — February 5–8 — Come to the front office and complete a Valentine’s Day card, provide an address, and our office will mail it to your loved ones for you!
Sweethearts Guessing Jar — February 12–15 — Guess the number of Sweetheart candies in a jar, and the person who guesses the closest to the actual number will receive a gift card!
Look and Lease Extravaganza — February 17 from 2–5 p.m. — This large-scale event is designed to promote renewals and usher in new leases from the housing fair that took place during the week.
Super Sweet Wednesday — February 21 from 11:30 a.m.–2 p.m. — Help yourself to a Z Baked cookie! Find them in the lobby of our clubhouse.
Fall in Love with Your Townhome — February 24 from 12:30–3:30 p.m. — Fall in love with Torchlight all over again by celebrating with food and games! This event is designed to encourage renewals and new leases.
Blood Drive — February 26 from 3–7 p.m. — Give the gift of blood this month by donating blood with OneBlood!