Time to relax before the start of another busy year! We’re very excited for all of our August events and hope everyone can make it for Welcome Week. We’ll celebrate our residents who have renewed with us for another amazing year, as well as meet and welcome our new residents to the excitement our community offers!
There will be a variety of events, from community-building activities to resource fairs to get everyone ready for the new year. This month is sure to be full of community, food, and fun, of course! We can’t wait to see you all there.
- Reminder: Your A/C can never be set to “off” or “on”. It should just be set on “auto”.
- Don’t have your windows open while your A/C is running.
- Make sure to empty the dryer lint trap before every cycle.
- Place trash outside your door from 6–9 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Pest control comes every Thursday, so place your work order accordingly.
- Any discoloration in the ceiling should be reported immediately (this is a sign of a possible leak).
- Move-out is August 4! Keys have to be returned by noon at the latest to avoid a $75 holdover fee/day.
- Clean your carpets before moving out and provide a receipt to the office upon turning in your keys.
- Dust and clean all of the apartment.
- A good rule of thumb is to leave the apartment cleaner than you received it.
- We’ll have a donation bin in the office for unwanted items.
- Return your personal cable box to Comcast, but leave the living room cable box.
- Don’t leave any personal items in the apartment.
- Contact the office for a move-out guide if needed.
New and returning residents: This year, rent will be late on the 4th of the month. This means a late fee of $30 will be charged to your account on the 4th, and a $5 late fee will be added every day after.
Make This Your Best Year Yet!
Welcome to a brand-new academic year. You’re off to a great start having chosen to live at a Campus Advantage community. Our goal is to give you an amazing experience! We’ll be providing you with events, resources, and information to help you thrive.
With that goal in mind, we asked returning residents and Campus Advantage team members for their tips! Here’s some of what they had to say:
- Meet your neighbors. Create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Don’t hesitate to get involved. The only things you will regret are the things you didn’t do.
- This is your journey to success! Make a difference, make friends, and make a life!
- Keep an open mind, and take care of one another. You are part of a community, not just a housing facility.
- Set goals for this year. What do you want to experience and accomplish? Make it happen!
- Get to know the staff! The entire team is here to help you succeed.
- Tell us how we can serve you better! Whether it’s an idea for an event or a concern about the community, we want to hear from you.
- Find balance between academics and a life outside of the classroom.
- If you have roommates, set mutual expectations now to avoid future conflicts.
- Join the fun! We’ll have community events for you to join and enjoy all year. Let us know what else you want to see.
We’re passionate about your success, not only in your living experience, but in all areas. Thank you for being part of this community. We look forward to making this your best year yet!
Community Events Calendar
DIY Bath Bombs — August 26 — Join us in the office to make your own bath bombs! We’ll have all the materials you need, as well as snacks and refreshments.
Torchlight Resource Fair — August 28 from 9 a.m.–12:30 p.m. — College can be difficult for everyone, so let Torchlight help you discover all of the amazing resources college has to offer. Attend our resource fair and receive a plethora of information about everything your university and community have in store for you!
Trivia and Tacos Tuesday — August 29 from 6–7:30 p.m. — Come into the office for trivia and tacos! The winning team will receive a $10 gift card!
Winging and Singing Wednesday — August 30 from 6–8 p.m. — We welcome you to show off your vocal skills while your audience indulges in chicken wings!
Ice Cream Social Thursday — August 31 from 6–8 p.m. — Join us to play a few leisurely board games, and enjoy an ice cream bar full of various toppings!
Welcome Pool Party Friday — September 1 from 1–4 p.m. — Torchlight would like to welcome all new and returning students back to Tallahassee for the fall semester. Join us for food, games, and prizes!