It’s March, which means 31 new opportunities to have fun with your community! Spring break isn’t the only thing to look forward to this month. We have a bunch of spectacular events lined up for you hosted by your favorite Community Assistants, so stay up to date by following us on social media and looking out for property notices. Don’t forget to say hello to our two newest team members, Nicky and Bella! If you plan on leaving for spring break, travel safe, don’t forget to lock your windows and back door, and don’t post on social media that you’ll be leaving home.
— Torchlight Townhomes Staff
- Your A/C can never be set to “off” or “on”. It should just be set on “auto”.
- Don’t forget to empty the lint trap in your dryer.
- Please remember to clean up after your dogs!
REMINDERS AND UPDATES
- If you plan on leaving for spring break, make sure that you lock up your home and don’t post on social media that you’re leaving.
- If you’re experiencing cable or internet service issues, please feel free to contact Airwave Networks at (877) 778-9283 to troubleshoot the issue.
- If you have an after-hours emergency or noise complaint, please call our on-call service at (850) 933-4564.
- If you have an emergency maintenance issue, please call our on-call maintenance service at (850) 933-6406.
- All pets must be registered with the front office before coming on to the property
- The gate system has been updated. Visitors will now need to find you in the call box directory to call you, then you will need to press 9 to grant them access to the property. If you experience any issues, please contact our leasing office.
- All residents must have their parking decals on the lower left-hand side of their windshield in front of the driver. Unregistered vehicles will need to be parked in a visitor’s space. Unregistered vehicles that are not parked in a visitor’s space or do not have a visitor’s pass from the office will be susceptible to towing at the owner’s expense.
Soft Skills Make a Difference
A positive attitude and the ability to look someone in the eye while giving a firm handshake can truly set two very similar candidates apart in the job process. In this day and age of hiring and recruiting, we’ve been hearing a lot about soft skills, or people skills, when describing a candidate’s interviewing and hiring process. These are the skills that basically allow you to get along and interact with others in a work and social environment. Your ability to evaluate and hone your people skills should be part of your job prep, just as you ensure your resume is clean and typo-free.
An employee should be able to communicate, listen, share ideas, and interact with people (sometimes difficult people) in a way that demonstrates professionalism at all times. During the interview process, while your resume is showing your credentials, you are inherently demonstrating your soft skills. It takes constructive thought to be the person you want to be in the workplace. It doesn’t just happen by chance — it happens via thoughtful awareness, informed actions, and respectful engagements.
The skills of success, such as being adaptable, being positive, having a willingness to assist, and conveying a strong work ethic, are arguably more important than any degree or credential.
For more success tips and resources from Campus Advantage, visit CareerSuccessPortal.com.
Ice Cream Social — Friday, March 2 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Join our newest edition to the Torchlight team, CA Nicky, for ice cream, delicious toppings, and music!
Latin Night — Wednesday, March 7 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Join everyone’s favorite CA, Bryan, for Latin food, music, and culture!
Spring Brunch — Monday, March 19 from 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m. — Do you need a break from spring break? Unwind to delicious breakfast food in our front office with CA Rodrigo!
Spring Fling — Tuesday, March 20 from 4–6 p.m. — It’s the first day of spring! Kick off the season by joining your favorite Torchlight family for food, drinks, music, and games.
St. Paddy’s Day Trivia — Thursday, March 22 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Showcase your St. Patrick’s Day knowledge by joining CA Ian for trivia! Winners will receive a gift card.
Grocery Bingo — Monday, March 26 from 6:30–7:30 p.m. — Come over and play bingo with CA Thomas and win prizes for your home!
Late St. Paddy’s Day Celebration — Saturday, March 31 from 1–3 p.m. — Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day (tardy) with food, games, music, and giveaway prizes!